It was another very hot and sunny day at Fareham, for the club’s annual Open Triples competition, with teams entering from across the south. It was good to see many visitors from various other clubs in the region, as well as a good number of entries from Fareham Petanque Club members. The 20 teams competed in leagues in the morning, qualifying for Gold, Silver and Bronze knock-out competitions after lunch.
The Gold Final was fought between Team Parley (comprising Oscar, Montse and Tom) and Fareham’s Renegade (Mark, Malcolm and Gary), with the visitors victorious over the home team, winning the final 13:10.
- Gold Winner: Parley (Montse, Tom, Oscar)
- Gold Runner-Up: Renegade (Mark, Malcolm, Gary)
- Gold Semi-Finalists: BAT (Trevor, Allan, Peter), Oi (Kim, Graham, Tom, Jamie)
- Gold Consolage Winner: Minions (David, Carrie, Mike)
- Gold Consolage Crawley Boys (John, Bill, Gerard)
- Silver Winner: New Beginnings (Harrison, Keith, Carol)
- Silver Runner-up: Piemen (Paul, Hassi, Bernie)
- Silver Consolage Winner: Mabela (Abbey, Martin, Angela)
- Bronze Winner: DGD (Danny, Gerry, Dave)
Fareham Club President Jackie Lee presented medals to finalists, along with cash prizes for all winners. And all present showed their appreciation for Malcolm (Competitions Secretary), Mary, Marion and Mike (Lunch and refreshments), Liz, Shelley and Chris (Raffle) and all other helpers who contributed to the day.